Campfire Bacon S’more Pie Recipe
What’s better than making S’mores around a campfire? How about putting the ingredients in a cast iron pan and adding bacon? Yeah… now we’re talking. There’s about a million ways you can make S’mores that feature new ingredients and methods. But I bet you haven’t attempted this tasty Bacon S’more Pie Recipe yet, which is exactly why it’s time for you to get out your cast iron pan and get baking!
Try out our twist on a classic camping favorite that the whole family will enjoy. But remember, DO NOT tell your doctor you’re making this! Mostly just because he’ll be jealous… but you snooze you loose doc!
- Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 bag of milk chocolate chips
- 1 bag of small marshmallows
- ½ lb. of bacon
- ½ stick of butter
- Cast iron pan
- A propane torch
- To get started place a cast iron pan over an open flame and cook up that bacon! Don’t over cook it.
- Remove the bacon and chop it up, but leave the bacon grease (don’t tell your doctor you’re making this).
- Add the butter to the bacon grease and mix the two together.
- Then, press the graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of the pan. This will form the crust.
- Add the chocolate chips, marshmallows, and bacon to the pan and return it to heat for about 5–8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use the torch to melt the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Serve and make everyone happy!
from 50 Campfires http://ift.tt/2mqgk0H