Dean’s Dip Tater Tot Campfire Casserole
Tater Tot® Hot Dish is the official Minnesota state casserole, but you don’t have to be camping in the Land of 10,000 Lakes to enjoy this one. It’s campfire ready, and has the zesty boost of Dean’s French Onion Dip. Make this recipe!
- 1 32 oz. pkg. frozen Tater Tots®
- 1 (10 ¾ oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 oz.) carton Dean’s French Onion Dip
- ½ cup roughly chopped white onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- cooking oil spray
- Heat a 12-inch covered Dutch oven by placing it on top of 10 gray charcoal briquettes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Tater Tots®, cream of chicken soup, and Dean’s French Onion Dip.
- Once the Dutch oven is hot, remove cover and spray inside with cooking oil spray.
- Add chopped onions and cook for two minutes stirring until translucent, but not starting to brown.
- Pour mixture into Dutch oven and sprinkle the top evenly with the grated cheddar cheese.
- Replace Dutch oven lid and evenly distribute 14 gray charcoal briquettes on top.
- Cook for about 45 minutes until tots are brown and crisp on top. Begin checking for doneness at about 30 minutes.
from 50 Campfires http://ift.tt/2nvgnpy