Foil Packet Fish With Peppers
Fresh fish doesn’t need much to flavor it. In fact, you don’t want anything to overpower the delicious fish. This easy foil packet recipe adds just enough “spice” to bring out the great flavors in all the simple ingredients.
- 6-8 oz fish fillet(s) (any white meat freshwater fish like crappie, pike, tilapia, etc.)
- 1 ½ Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ medium onion (chopped medium)
- ½ medium yellow bell pepper (cored, seeded, and cut into long slices)
- ½ medium red bell pepper (cored, seeded, and cut into long slices)
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lemon slices
- Tear off a sheet of aluminum foil 14-16 inches long.
- Grease one side of the foil with butter.
- Place fillet(s) on center of the greased foil.
- Sprinkle chopped onion evenly over and around.
- Add yellow and red bell pepper slices to cover and surround fillets.
- Sprinkle with soy sauce.
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes to your taste.
- Add remaining butter on top in chunks.
- Place lemon slices side by side on top.
- Fold and seal the packet tightly.
- Tear off a second sheet of aluminum foil large enough to wrap first packet.
- Fold and seal the foil tightly to seal the first packet in a packet.
- Place on medium heated grill or coals of campfire.
- Turn and move the packet often so nothing burns.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes.
from 50 Campfires http://ift.tt/2pOL1hC