German Bagels For Lunch
The bagel is an urban commuter staple. America’s largest city is legendary for them. But bagels are also a fantastic camping carb cornucopia. A couple of bags of grocery store bagels are great keepers and stand up to the rigors of travel way better than squishy bread. Here are delicious suggestions for camping with bagels.
- 1 bagel
- 1 bratwurst
- 3 Tbs. sauerkraut
- 1 Tbs. chopped onion
- brown mustard
- 1 Tbs. honey
- Grill bratwurst whole on grill or over campfire.
- Butter split bagel and toast over same heat source.
- Remove bagel from heat and spread honey on one half while still warm.
- Cut brat lengthwise, and place halves on bagel half with honey.
- Spoon on sauerkraut, onions, and mustard to taste.
- Add other half of toasted bagel on top and enjoy
from 50 Campfires http://ift.tt/2qpmAom