Italian Pizza Bagels for Dinner
- 1 bagel
- 4 Tbs. tomato sauce
- 12 slices of pepperoni
- 1 can mushroom stems and pieces (drained)
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- aluminum foil
- Split bagel, butter cut faces and toast over campfire or grill.
- Place sheet of tin foil on cooking grate.
- Place bagel halves toasted side up on foil.
- Spread tomato sauce, pepperoni and mushrooms evenly over the bagel halves.
- Tent loosely with another sheet of foil over the top until all ingredients are warmed.
- Sprinkle cheese over the two bagel halves.
- Replace tent and continue to heat until cheese is melted.
The bagel is an urban commuter staple. America’s largest city is legendary for them. But bagels are also a fantastic camping carb cornucopia. A couple of bags of grocery store bagels are great keepers and stand up to the rigors of travel way better than squishy bread. Here are delicious suggestions for camping with bagels.
from 50 Campfires http://ift.tt/2oPH6kB