Refreshing Watermelon Cocktail Recipes
July is National Picnic Month, so make sure to celebrate with the classic picnicking fruit: watermelon! Summer’s favorite fruit is healthy, hydrating, and honestly quite heavenly. You’ll want to make sure to bring a watermelon or two with you on your next camping trip and turn one into a tasty watermelon cocktail for the adults. We’ve highlighted a variety of watermelon cocktail recipes where the green and pink melon is the star and also shared recipes that combine it with either harmonious or unexpected flavors.
It’s easy to think of watermelon-flavored foods and candies, but we had a hard time thinking of watermelon cocktail recipes off the top of our heads. Our friends at www.watermelon.org helped us by sharing watermelon cocktail recipe ideas, and now we want to share with you! If you’re thinking about throwing a watermelon-themed party or are just interested in the lovely melon and all it has to offer, you should look up recipes for more food using watermelon as an ingredient on your own (we recommend http://ift.tt/295FiwY for inspiration, as they have everything you can think of and more). In the meantime, here are some watermelon cocktail recipes for your summertime celebration or relaxation.
Watermelon Cocktail Recipes:
- 2½ cups watermelon liquid (to make 18 “ice” cubes)
- 1 medium orange, ends cut off and sliced thin
- 4 cups watermelon chunks (approximately 1″ cubes) (In photo, triangle slices w/rind)
- ½ cup brandy
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 bottle of red wine, chilled (a fruity wine, such as shiraz or merlot works well)
- 1½ cups Orangina or orange Italian soda
- Fill ice cube trays with watermelon juice and freeze.
- Place orange slices, watermelon, and brandy in medium sized bowl, toss gently, and let stand for 15 minutes to allow fruit to soak up some of the brandy flavors.
- In a large pitcher, add fruit mixture, pomegranate juice, and wine. Refrigerate for one hour or longer to allow flavors to blend. Just before serving, add the Orangina or Italian soda. Serve over watermelon ice cubes.
- 3 oz. watermelon juice (store bought)
- 1½ oz. vodka
- 3 oz. lemon lime soda
- 1 tsp. confectioner’s sugar
- Place all ingredients in a mixer. Mix, then pour over crushed ice and strain into glass.
- 4 cups watermelon puree*
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 box cherry flavored gelatin
- 8 shots peppermint liqueur
- To make the watermelon puree, remove seeds from fresh watermelon and cut into large chunks. Place in a blender and process until smooth and well pureed.
- Stir together the watermelon puree, pomegranate juice, and a heaping tablespoon of the cherry gelatin. Chill.
- Place some water in a saucer and the remaining dry gelatin in an even layer in another. Dip the rims of 8 champagne glasses in the water and then in the saucer with the gelatin to rim the glasses with the cherry gelatin.
- Carefully pour a shot of peppermint liqueur into each glass and then top off the glasses with the watermelon mixture. Serve immediately.
- 2 cups watermelon puree
- ½ cup chunked pineapple
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 3 cups ice
- 2 Tbsp. cream of coconut
- Mix all ingredients together in a blender. Blend until desired consistency and serve. For an adult version add rum!
- 1 bottle of Fireball whiskey or cinnamon flavored whiskey
- 40 watermelon balls
- Soak watermelon balls in Fireball for at least one hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Place a watermelon ball in a shot glass and pour Fireball shot over.
- 2 cups chopped, seedless watermelon
- 1 seedless orange, peeled and broken into sections
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced just before making the sangria
- 1 cup seedless grapes, cut into halves
- 1 bottle dry champagne of your choice
- Toss the fruit together and divide among champagne glasses. Pour the champagne over and serve.
from 50 Campfires http://ift.tt/28YFlqu