When the Fish Don’t Bite Foil Packet
Much as we may not want to admit it, the fish don’t always bite. Those are the times you should come prepared with a few simple, easily-obtained ingredients to enjoy a great, hot meal streamside whether those fickle fish decide to attend or not.
- 1 package frozen home-style chicken meatballs (pre-cooked)
- 1 medium red potato (sliced about ¼-inch thick with or without peel as you prefer)
- 1 bag frozen green beans
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- heavy duty aluminum foil
- Tear off a sheet of aluminum foil about 14-16 inches long. Turn up edges to contain liquid ingredients.
- Place 6-8 meatballs in the center of the foil.
- Spread potato slices around meatballs.
- Pour on about 1 cup of frozen green beans.
- Drain mushrooms. Pour on about ½ can.
- Pour on about ½ can of cream of mushroom soup.
- As splash of water to slightly thin the soup.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Carefully fold and seal foil packet.
- Tear off another slightly larger sheet and seal packet within a packet.
- Place on grill or coals of campfire.
- Turn and move frequently for about ½ hour to ensure potatoes are cooked through and tender.
- Sprinkle with salt and additional pepper as needed after tasting.
from 50 Campfires http://ift.tt/2pngaYo